Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day Three - Lifestyle

It still amazes me how this guy works.
The next day of devotionals, is always the problem I am left with in the end of the day before. Always.
It's hard to grasp. Like, really.

I'm not gonna lie, this lesson took a little more thinking. It wasn't the, story to suck you in, here is the bible passage, read first line, OH I GET THE LINK.
It was more like, story time, here's the passage, what in the world does this have to do with anything, life lesson, why didn't I get the connection before, it's so simple.

Way to go, Sims.

It makes me think though, and I'm completely cool with that.

Jorge, was a ganster. Not "yo, wassup, I'm so gantsa cause I'm from SouderTON." This was, knife fight wounds with drive by scars. The real deal. Of course, he was in juvie. That's how he met Lookadoo. (If you didn't know, another awesome fact about Lookadoo is that he was a juvenile prohibition officer for six years. An even COOLER fact was that after he developed and carried out programs for 28 elementary schools, the department of correction's referral rate went down 61% then what was projected. wwww.Lookadoo.com really, check it out. Even right now.) Anyway.
The main point of this was, that Jorge wanted to change, and he knew he needed to. I wouldn't blame him.
The two kept in touch, and Jorge continued showing distress about the pressures in his old life. It got to him.
The saddest part of everything in the story, was that Jorge said he wouldn't make it to see the age of twenty-one. He was right.

Matthew 9:14-17
'Then John's disciples came and asked him, "How is it that we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?" Jesus answered, "How can the guest of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will face. "No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."'

Did YOU get it?
I feel as if I'm talking to myself.

In a nutshell. You can't mix new and old, and expect it to be stable. If you put your new self, in the same destructive setting, you're going to get pulled back in.

This couldn't be any more true.

Lookadoo does a lesson, you can buy if off the Creation website I believe, and it's called something like "Saying the H word." TOTALLY check it. I'm mentioning it because he made a good point about parties. If you are a Christian, and you go to a party that will definitely have drinking, and you don't drink, you're going to think that you can be the change. "Well, I'll go to that party, but I won't drink, and everyone will see God in me." All your friends will come up to you and say "Oh my word. She isn't drinking. I SEE THE LIGHT IN YOU. TAKE ME TO JESUS. Bring me to church, I have found the way." Wrong. You're friends will probably come up to you drunk saying, "Oh haaayyyy. When did you get hereeeeee. Woah, I can't stanndddd, why is your face like thattt. Here, want another drink?" You know it's true.

"You have given your life to God, but you haven't changed your life style." - Lookadoo page 13

Again, couldn't be any more true.

If you drink all the time, and show up to that party. Maybe not that one, but parties later. You'll get back into it.

So what now? There comes that tear.
Not with drinking, that's not me.
I wrote my old wineskins. That was an easy task, Lookadoo.
Next step?
Be specific in the first step of how to change all of that.
I'm supposed to do what now? I don't know where to start.
I found it, I think.

LIFE LINK!
2 Corinthians 5:17
'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.'

"The world would be a much cleaner place if we ate our own trash." - Lookadoo page 15

No comments:

Post a Comment