Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day Nine - Bible Surfing

Here's a treat.
Scoob is sleeping over and I got to do a bible study with her!
It was actually really cool having someone else to talk to about this all.

Bible study. Scary words. To some. It sounds really intense.
Lookadoo agrees, he said more like it's really boring.
We are calling it Bible surfing.
Yeah, I like the sound of that.

"The Bible is an adventure. In it you will find sex, violence, hate, greed, love, power, forgiveness, compassion, winning the game against all odds, fighting 'till you can't fight any more, even saving a little boy from a government death warrant. It's all there." - Lookadoo page 41

So true. Love it. Wow, a lot of loving. Haha.
I guess that's just the way this bible surfing works.
Lookadoo mentions a common theme of "become Christ-like." Right.

Hebrews 5:11-6:3

It's pretty blunt. Babies, start with milk. You get older you switch it to real food. The same is with reading the bible. You start as a baby, and you can ask for help, from bible instructors all of that. True. He also mentions you need to do it on your own and stop being a baby.

"No matter how you surf, always start in prayer asking God to show you His truth in His Word." - Lookadoo page 42

Bible surfing.
Find a topic.
Love, friends, sex, forgiveness, hope, whatever floats your boat.
I chose bitterness.

Pick a book to review.
We used a online bible concordance.
I found the most bible passages about bitterness in Job.
I'm going to be Bible surfing Job.

People watching.
Learn the stories of the people in it.
Different perspectives, different stories, get to know it.

Head games.
Memorize.

I'm stoked.
This is such a simple lesson.
I don't mind. I love it more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment