Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day Five - Media Fast

I admit to this, I cheated. I was supposed to do this on Friday. I found dumb excuses to put it off, but I finally sharpened up my senses, and found the time to do my devotional. I even almost quit the devotional. Especially after some series of events and emotions tonight, I straightened it out. Here I am, and here we go.

Girls. That seems to be the thing mentioned most in my life. Yeah, okay, I know I'M a girl, so thank you to all those who just commented in your head 'well, you are a girl.' I mean. Pretty girls. By the people I've come into contact with, they include hot.

"She was the package! Fun. Exciting. Eye candy to the blizap! Walking perfection!" - Lookadoo page 21.

Yep, Mr. Author himself. He continues.

This girl, he was talking about, dated this guy. A guy that, well. Wasn't really a good guy. More like, if your girlfriend met him, boys, you'd sucker-punch him.

"Her boy friend of two years dogged her out every chance he got. he would do it on front of his friends, and her friends. He would tell her how ugly and stupid she was and that if she ever left him she would never get another date because no one else could stand being around her." - Lookadoo page 21

You. Are. Kidding. Me. That doesn't fly with anyone of my guy friends, and it doesn't fly with me. If one of my friends were going through that, and I knew about it. I'd say something.

"The deal is - if you hear something long enough you believe it. Truth becomes irrelevant." - Lookadoo page 21

Sadly, I know people this has happened to. It breaks my heart.

Judges 16:1-22

I'm going to let you look this one up for yourself. If you know the story, whatever discussed on here will make sense. If you don't, look it up. Get on the same page. Or you can piece it together, but save that for your puzzles.

Samson knew he was strong, but used it for all the wrong reasons. He was too busy impressing people, that he ended up not giving God full control of his life. He wanted the attention, Delilah gave it to him. If Samson really loved Delilah, he would tell her his weakness. Telling her his weakness, would mean getting the attention he wanted. He took the bait, and he shattered.

"Samson, this guy with insane physical strength, was totally destroyed because of who he listened to and what he allowed to grow in his mind." - Lookadoo page 22

A lot of parents tell younger kids, don't watch too much TV. I wonder now, do they say that because they want the kid to go outside? Or that they don't want their child learning bad habits? Or maybe it is even, that they don't want little son and daughter to think what's on TV, is the norm. This outside of the house stuff, even inside, is junk. Kids will grow up believing that, if they are stuck on TV.

I found this even with teens. Degrassi, yeah, roll up the eye rolls and smirks now.
No lie, an episode was all about how a girl, wanted sex, because that's how it was on the TV. That every romantic relationship, must have that to be complete. I disagree, and if you disagree with me, so be it. My blog, my view.

Isn't that crazy? If they did it as a 'hey, open your eyes, don't fall for this.' That's awesome. If it's 'people do this all the time, they'll watch the episode, forget and do it themselves. Their lives, not ours.' Not cool. I can't really say, just. Mind boggling.

Like stated earlier, the truth is irrelevant, and you will believe what you hear.

Anyway.

21 day media fast.
Three weeks.

These are the Lookadoo rules.
No TV
No computer games
No surfin'
Only music that talks about good stuff.

I can do that. Thinking about it. I'm really excited. 21 days, of me and God. Er, almost. What I mean is. No stupid ads on TV telling you that you would look somewhat decent with this. That if you are too big, not their standards, you need to go anorexic, bulimic, anything to be thin. You're too concerned about grades than friends, you'll be alone your whole life. That if you are upset, for a long period of time, that you're an 'emo.' Don't like the opposite gender, the word 'gay' is now dedicated to how lame we think your lifestyle is. You like music? Band music, marching band is for the people with no friends. You don't know how to handle your pain, you cutter. Yeah, drugs are a problem, but you're the bigger problem for taking them. You're adopted? Oh, you'll never have a real life. You're parents aren't married, you're parents couldn't even marry each other out of love, how can they love you? On the streets. That's where you belong for being so nasty. You lost your job not me.

The list. Goes. Forever. Not going to lie, I got really upset writing stuff down, because I know it's not how I think. It's not how God thinks. He loves us, all. How we are.

I'm done. I'm done with the people on TV who are seen as ugly, fat, geek, emo, gay, dork, the cutters, the druggies, the bastards, the hobos. We are people.

Those offensive names, ya know. The one the stupid little box with colors told you to call people. Is done. Those words, that you can NEVER forget, because you've heard them so much. That you think them in your head, and say. Shoot, that was hurtful, and I am lower than low.

LIFE LINK!
Romans 12:2
'And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.'

"What does this all mean? It ain't brain surgery: Garbage in, garbage out." - Lookadoo page 22

My name is Alexa Sims, and the media is wrong about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment