Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day Seven - Get In or Get Out

Prayer. A simple topic.
A basic topic tonight.
More commitments to reading and praying.
I'm all down for that.

I've heard Justin speak this lesson live. It was last year at Revelation Generation. I remember where I was sitting, who I was with, even what I was thinking about, but that isn't the point. I remember his main connector to the story, was coffee. Haha, yes coffee. It really made sense. I also remember him mentioning sky diving, asked if anyone has, and one girl raising her hand. He jumped off the stage, into the audience, just to talk to her. Haha.

Moving forward.

If you don't know, Mrs. Lookadoo, is a skydiver. I think she's on some all american team, don't hold me to it. BUT. She sky dives, and I think Mr.Lookadoo does too. I've heard of the bar thing before, on the planes before you jump. That if you don't jump all the way, like hesitate, you're going to it it. In or out. No in between.

Matthew 26: 57-75

If you wanna know it, read it. It's real good. I've actually heard the second part of the story, or, more of the follow up. I never read this part, and I'm really glad I did. More bible. Yay.

Peter, wasn't in, but he wasn't out. He followed Jesus, yes. He denied Jesus, yes. He was in the middle. I know for me, that's where I like to hang out. In therapy, a lot of what I work on is that everything isn't black or white. There is a middle ground, and I've become comfortable with it. It isn't the case with this story, or the life link. It's changing how I think now. That this is one way or another.

LIFE LINK!
Revelation 3:15-16
'I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth. '

Harsh. God spewing YOU, out. That's so intense, it's like. Woah. I feel like that would be one of the worse things ever. It's fair though. God rather have people who don't believe in Him, than have people say they do, and deliver the wrong message. Like. Saying you believe in God, and you are a Christian, then going out smashing the town, and breaking things in a mad rush of cursing, and messing up the name of the people who do follow Him closely.

"I have no problem with God, it's His fan club I can't stand."
To be honest, that used to bug me. I would always think of the die hard Christians that I know, and the ones I've heard about, and how much they really live for God. I forgot about the lukewarm. I'm starting to like that quote, sadly.

"You must be totally committed. Get in or get out." - Lookadoo page 34

No comments:

Post a Comment