Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day Four - Got Symbols?

Once again with the whole answering the questions left from the previous day.
It's crazy.

This lesson, had. More commitment. I know so many people who are afraid of that word. I guess I'm not afraid of it, just hesitant. I can do it, or well. I can plan to try and keep what I said I'd commit. I think I'm actually going to do it for this. Woah, excitement.

Driving. All who know me well enough, know me as the 17 year old girl who is ridiculous for not having her license. "How can you not want to drive?" My answer is "I'm scared." I guess driving is a bigger thing for me hesitate on than commitment. Let's just mix the two together. Thanks, Lookadoo.

Stop signs. Now, from what I've heard, if it's not too busy. Or you know it's empty. Stop signs are just kinda there to say "hey, slow down, don't hit that car." If you don't stop, it's not going to run in front of you and make you stop. (If that happens to you, let me know, really!) It's a reminder. A symbol. Most signs are. They remind us of what we have to do in order to stay on the road. In all aspects of life.

Genesis 8:20-21
'Then Noah build an altar to the Lord and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart; "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done."

Genesis 9:8-17
'Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him; "I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you- the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you- every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you; Never again will all life be cut off by the waters if a of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth"
And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come; I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds. I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on this earth/" So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."'

"...covenant, a Bible word that manes 'make a deal." - Lookadoo page 16

You get your licence, your covenant is that you'll obey traffic rules, laws, the same pish posh. They set reminders up, of how you can obtain them.

"It's like God making a deal with us that he won't do a mambo-killer flood again." - Lookadoo page 17

God uses symbols for us on our journey with him too. A big one in the bible was an altar. See, when I heard alter, I thought, 'er, well. You pray while kneeling in front of it to thank God for what he has done for your sins.' Apparently there is more, in a lot simpler terms. Also known as, the stop sign.

"Noah built altars. Moses, David, they all build altars to remind them of something God had done, said, or promised." - Lookadoo page 17

LIFE LINK! (Woah, in the middle.)
Proverbs 16:3
'commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.'

God told people to have symbols.

Numbers 15:37-40
'The Lord said to Moses, "Speak to the Israelites and say to the; 'Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a clue cord on each tassel. You will have these tassels to look at you so you will remember all the commands of the Lord, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lists of your own hearts and eyes. Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God, I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the Lord your God.'"

I like it. A lot.

I was nudged to make a commitment. Kinda like, you should really do it, but if you want to, don't do it. I did it.

"I will try my best to follow the instructions of this devotional books, found through the typing of Lookadoo, which you can find You and Your words."

I'm committed. Next. Build your altar.
Lookadoo is real sneaky about making sure you commit to doing what the book says, and THEN tell you to go outside to gather some rocks. Yeah, uh. It's 12:12 pm NOW. I got rocks a good 45 minutes ago. Of course, there are no 'stackable rocks' in my front yard.

I rewrote my commitment and build my altar on top of it. It's adorable, on my windowsill. It's actually my new favorite addition to my room.

Isn't it cute?

Every time I see it, I'm reminded of the commitment I made on reading the works of God, through Lookadoo, which I know. With all my heart. Will bring me closer to God.

More symbols.
A key ring, rubber band, and cross ring. All important symbols that Justin wears to remind him of the word.

It's encouraged to find my own. I'm currently in the middle of making a bracelet. I hope it turns out alright. It's my reminder that, not everyone thinks like me. We all have different backgrounds, state of minds, logic, interests, hates, and I need to learn to be patient. Patient with everyone who I don't see eye to eye on.

"Sybmols will change what we do. Not because they're magic, or anything like that, but because they totally change our focus." Lookadoo page 20

No comments:

Post a Comment