Monday, July 12, 2010

Day One - Road Map

I just finished day one of Justin Lookadoo's The Hardest 30 Days of Your Life.
WOAH.
I feel completely new and energetic again.
My heart is thumping.
I completely love it.
It's that rush he talked about in the beginning.
If you didn't read the quote before. I'll restate it now.

"Here's the deal. You are about to do thinks you never thought you could. You are not going to live on the edge - that's for wimps. You are going to walk up to the edge and step off. You will push yourself further than you ever thought possible. The ride of your life has just begun, and there's no stopping in the middle." - Justin Lookadoo
It has never been more true.

I love it.

He talked about maps. Yes maps, and showed a map of Texas. That's all. He told me to explain which way to get to Canada. (There are blank spaces, I'm not crazy.) Duh, I know where Canada is, it's up. I knew that wasn't the point, because you can't tell looking at a Texas map.

1 Corinthians 2:14
'The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.'

Pretty much, how is God supposed to understand you, if you don't have anywhere written on you that you want to follow Him. It's telling Him to get to Canada, when you are only Texas. Yeah, okay okay, He understands and can do it without looking. The point is that we have to give more than what we have.

"You can go to church, pray, do a Bible study thing, but if you have not given Jesus control of your life, IT REALLY WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE." - Lookadoo Page 2

This has been the story of my life. I pray every night, went to church, youth group, even started a Bible study with Ellen called Revive. It was just my way of trying to see more, without wanting a commitment. Like I said, I knew where Canada was, it was north. Well, I knew what I had to do here, just didn't find a way to actually peruse it.

"Sure, you will get some directions on how to live a "good" life, but it won't really click for you. Like if you're using a Texas map to get to Canada. Sure you will get some general directions on how to go north, but, in the big picture, it won't help much" - Lookadoo Page 2

LIFE LINK!
Romans 6:23
'For the wages of sin in death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.'

"For the wages of sin is death. We earn death - hell. But the God thing is that He gives us a gift. Life - Heaven. It's your choice." - Lookadoo Page 3

No comments:

Post a Comment