Monday, August 2, 2010

Day Sixteen - Food for Sex or Sex-Free?

Sex. Sex. Sex.
That freaks a lot of people out.
I don't understand fully.
Tons of people do it.
Don't get me wrong, I completely think that it is for after marriage.
People just need to open their eyes a little bit.

Let's go out to eat. Cool, thanks. You can pay.
How about our favorite place. Awesome.
Perfect everything? Sounds like a deal.
Best thing off the menu. Ordered!
Can we have the bill? We didn't eat yet.
Now lets leave. Wait, what?

Yes, leave.
How many of us could actually do that?
Pretending EDs don't exists and that everybody loves food.
I wouldn't. I didn't pay just to have the perfect meal in front of me, in the perfect moment.

Song Of Songs 2:7 and 3:5 and 8:4
All three verses, ready. Go.

So, I was asked what that meant.

I don't know what this talk about gazelle is, or the field. I honestly didn't even get the second part until Lookadoo said '"Don't tease me!" Don't take me to my favorite restaurant, set food in front of me, and then not let me eat it.'

It's coming together now for me. At least a little bit. Well, it is. Just. The connection. I'm not really sure.

This same scenario applies to sex. Or anything of that sort.
Why get the perfect scenery, the smells, the touch, but no. You can't have it.
Now, I know I said that I wouldn't just leave that plate sitting there.
Could I really leave the sex, and the touchy feely at where I was and leave?
Most likely, yes to the sex. I know to wait. If I did walk away, it'd be hard.
No, I'm not some person who does this all the time, with anyone. Boyfriend.

LIFE LINK!
Ephesians 5:3
'But among you there must not be even a sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.'

Commit. More of that word. Sigh. Actually, I'm not bothered by committing now. It's just, I seem to be seeing this word a lot lately.

Anyway, commit to try and not get yourselves in those situations, and if you do, to get out. I committed. I know it's really hard to walk away, but I feel like I can do it. I'm sure you can too. Commit to living this full on.

"Take control of your life and start living all the Bible, not just the easy parts." - Lookadoo page 80

No comments:

Post a Comment